The joint CoSA/SERI and Preservica training program is designed to enable State Archivists to move beyond the theory of Digital Preservation and gain the practical understanding and vital skills necessary to meet mandate to preserve and provide access to vital long-term State records.
The challenge that is being compounded by the need to acquire a rapidly growing volume of digital records from multiple sources and systems, in a variety of different formats - from digital-only documents, to emails of prominent figures, to AV recordings of local senate, to Geospatial maps, and historical Digitized content.
The program is specifically adapted to State Archive needs and is based on materials used at the well-regarded Preservica training session at the Best Practice Exchange (Fall 2014) as well as the successful (and highly-rated) 6 month Digital Preservation workshop and webinar program that Preservica delivered to over 300 participants in partnership with the UK & Ireland Archives and Records Association (ARA).
The program has two components:
1. Core training module: Practical Digital Preservation Workshop (delivered as two, two-hour online workshops).
- Note: The workshop will be open to all State departments, agencies and local government bodies that wish to learn about the need for digital preservation best practices.
2. Supplemented by a series of one-hour “how-to” webinars that give participants a better understanding of specific challenges:
- Achieving ISO Standards for your digital archive
- Ingesting records from multiple sources and systems
- Automating Email archiving and preservation
- New ways of providing public access to your archive
- Real-world Digital Preservation and program/resources round-up